Saturday 7 January 2012

Choices! "New poem too!"

As I opened up this blog, to add my new poem I wrote yesterday, I saw this quote on my twitter. "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - J. K. Rowling

Everyday we have to make choices whether it's simple ones or choices that could change out lives. When we hand everything over to God, He lifts that weight off our shoulders. God will lead you in the direction you're supposed to go.

This verse comes up so often, I find it, see it everywhere! "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." ~Jeremiah 29:11

I love music and I have songs for most moments in my life, as I was writing this I thought of this song - the words couldn't be better for this moment! It also has one of my favourite verses from Matthew 7: 7-8.



Here is my 1st poem of 2012:

Choices

Which way to go, which way to turn.
God's the only way, you will soon learn.
Your way won't work,
You know that, you've tried.
God's the only one with the power to provide!
God's the one who will see you through.
To God be the glory for everything you do!

Poem by Nicola Hill (06/01/2012)

2 comments:

  1. well said my twitter sister friend, i needed that message today :) keep writing!!

    ReplyDelete