Thursday 9 October 2014

Time

Where does the time go? The days, the months, the years. One moment you're thinking about what could be and the next you're looking back on all the years behind you. Have you heard the saying:
 Time waits for no one.

It's true. You can wish for time to stop, you can wish to go back but one thing about time is it goes on. Time doesn't depend on you. That's the thing about time, what happens, happens. It cannot be changed. Time will keep moving. Which brings me to the story of time.

The story of time is a story of what happens as time goes on. That we do have control over. We have a choice every day about what we will remember because everyday as time is moving we are making memories that we will look back on. Those memories cannot be changed because a time machine has not been invented yet but the good news is I am working on it. No I am not, I don't believe in time machines, you will never be able to change what has happened in time. That is why it's important what you do with each day you're given as time is ticking and there's no rewind.

What has happened cannot be changed but there is another saying time heals all wounds. To me it means that time heals emotional wounds, The wounds that cut people to the core from death to life experiences. Those feelings that overwhelm people. I think those wounds do heal with time but we have to give them time to heal. They don't heal in your time or when you think they should. They don't completely heal either there'll always be a scar but it won't hurt at much anymore because it won't be an open wound. The best thing for those kind of wounds, give it time. It even says so because it's written in the handbook of emotional wounds. There is no handbook of emotional wounds.

A good question is who are you today? It really got me thinking about who I am. Am I who I want to be? Am I affected by what has happened to me in time? Of course I am, we all are. Our history, our past, everything affects who we are today. It's those unique things that make us who we are. I'm not perfect, I know that may come as a shock to some of you but I'm not. I haven't ever met anyone who is either. I'm not happy with every aspect of who I am and I can never say that I am who I want to be. Let me explain why.

To be a good person is a lifelong thing you have to keep working on every day. I will never be perfect so I don't strive to be, I will never be fixed. I am a constant working project. The thing I love about God is that although He knew that we're going to be these billions of ongoing projects we were still created and given a chance to work on ourselves. He is the engineer that created us and offers His help all the time but we don't always take the help. We don't always follow the instruction manual that is the bible. We think we know how to put the pieces together but we don't. I don't, I can't put them together without Him and I don't always get His help when I need it.

That's the thing I do need it, we all do. God gave us time. This time to have our lives. As our lives go on and we wonder where does the time go, we should also be thinking how are we spending it.

So we've all got this huge gift of time from God, how are we going to spend it?

With that I shall love and leave you,
Until I write again,
Nicola Hill



No comments:

Post a Comment