Friday 15 July 2016

Substance

I feel it's that time again when I've got things on my mind and I feel like I want to write. I love writing it's my thing. It's always been my thing. I may not be Shakespeare quality but at least I can form words. This is just my sense of humour if you haven't encountered it before or if you have I apologise. See this is what I love about writing. I just start a post and the words come together as the post goes on. I know what you're thinking what sort of word coming together is this. It's a lot of rambling but you've read it all up to here haven't you?

Ok so go back on the link to this blog post and like it if - (no!). The whole "like this post if" doesn't work and I'm not going to bribe you in to liking my blog post. You get absolutely nothing by liking it. You probably looking for that X in the top right hand corner right about now or you're wanting to see where this goes. Is there anything in this blog post with any form of substance. Hmm that is the question.

A couple of sentences before this one I just discovered what I will call this blog post - Substance. I don't always start my blog posts with a title sometimes I write the title after. That's how I write. I have to find the right title to fit what I'm thinking. Now I looked up definitions from googling substance.

In this post I am talking about substances such as liquids - actually no that's not the use of substance I had in mind. That's not my style of writing. The word substance that I'm using is in relation to man. Have you ever heard of the phrase "a man of substance"? What does that mean to you?

To me in short it means someone with a good character, humble, honourable and loyal. There is a lot more you can write about what it means, there are many definitions. I found the quote below which I liked:


Substance is one the things we look for in friends and in leaders and in family and we are always looking for substance. For that special substance in them that makes them who they are and makes them unique and draws us to them. Do you know who has substance? All of you. Everyone has substance however it's their choice whether they use that substance or not.

God made us with substance. 

"The spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives life." ~ Job 33:4

"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." ~ Ephesians 2:10

"Know that the Lord is God! It is he that made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture." ~Psalm 100:3

With that I shall love and leave you,
Until I write again,
God Bless,
Nicola Hill






No comments:

Post a Comment